Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tea time!

Ah!  That time in the morning.  Time for the big decision, coffee or tea!  Which got me thinking...when was the last time YOU drank a HOT cup o' whatever?  Not a microwaved version and from first sip to last drop?

Me?  Oh man.  Quinten's almost 2, so I'd say just over 2 years!!!

Drinking a cup of tea become such a process.  You boil the water.  A half hour later you REMEMBER that you boiled water and begin the steeping process.  You forget about said steeping process, which has become more of a marinade at this point.  A black oil-like marinade!!  (Mmmm, soak up that caffeine baby!)  Then you add your milk and sugar and take that first (barely warm) sip....hear a thump and run in to see what your child has done (OR you hear nothing at all, which is usually worse!).

An hour later, you remember about the cold tea, and pop it in the nuker.  Thank god for technology!!!

Then it's nap time (friggin' right baby!!!) and while scrounging the kitchen for something semi-nutritious, you see the kettle and remember (the once again, cold) tea hanging out in the microwave.  Pow.  30 more seconds.
Mmmmm, finally a hot tea.

You take your, finally hot, sip and savour it.  As you lower the cup, you notice the black ring around the inside, which makes you question if this was this morning's tea or last Tuesday's.  Yuck.  But who has the energy to make another one, right?  Just sip with your eyes closed.  Yum.

And I should have you know that I began this entry on the 17th.  It is now the evening of the 24th.  Story of my life.
Waiting to hear the 'thud....thump, thump, thump, thump' of little feet jumping out of bed for the umpteenth time.  I swear to god.  Get out of bed ONE MORE TIME and it's a cork screw in the eye for Mommy!!!  Too bad that cork screw hasn't just unleashed a fabulous bottle of wine.  I tell ya, I could use one (or two, or three) these days!

Hopefully I can be a little more clever (and perhaps uninterrupted!  I swear, this entry had such promise when it was a pup!) for the next entry!

Till next time my friends!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment